Our currently Designated Safeguarding Lead and LAC Designated Officer is:
Mrs Carly North
Our Deputy Safeguarding Leads are Beverley Riddle and Julia Clarke
Our Safeguarding Governor is: Steve Howse
At Morton Trentside we have a Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy. The aim of the Policy is to ensure that our school have effective measures in place to safeguard your children from the potential risk of harm and that the safety and well being of the children are of the highest priority in all aspects of our school's work. The purpose of the policy is to ensure that:-
- The welfare of the child is paramount.
- All children regardless of age, gender, ability, culture, race, language, religion or sexual identity have equal rights to protection
- All staff have an equal responsibility to act on suspicion or disclosure that may suggest a child is at risk of harm.
- Pupils and staff involved in Safeguarding issues receive appropriate support.
- Staff adhere to a Code of Conduct and understand what to do if a child discloses any allegations against teaching staff, Head teacher or the Governing Body.