|Morton Trentside Primary School was awarded the Gold Mark award following the validation visit. The validation highlighted that the school was offering a very strong sports programme across all areas of the award, including:
- The school provides all pupils with 2 hours of curriculum PE and also have an additional 30 minutes per day as part of the schools 'Fit for Life' initiative.
- The school offers a wide range of sports for boys and girls; 12 at Level 1 and 12 at Level 2. The school also fielded B teams in 5 sports for boys and 4 for girls, plus 1 C team for boys and girls in level 2 competitions.
- During 2016/17 evidence highlighted that 76% of pupils engage in extracurricular sporting activity in an average week, of which 15% were from non-active/less-active population identified by the school.
- The school offers a strong G&T programme through both MSP (Multi Sport Pro) and the local school sport partnership offer, which focusses on developing young people's sporting potential.
- The school offers a strong leadership programme. During 2016/17 29% of KS2 were engaged in leading, managing and officiating School Games activity. The School Sport Organising Crew further support the planning and development of School Games activity via conducting post-event player interviews, reports, newsletter/website updates, look after equipment and resources, plus organise charity events e.g. race for life and support the School Games day.
- Promotion of School Games to parents and the local community takes places on at least a fortnightly basis through a regularly updated website and monthly newsletters which heavily feature school sport content including key dates, fixtures, pictures, results and reports.
- CPD opportunities to train and develop wider school staff have been accessed through opportunities with both
- MSP (Multi Sport Pro) and the school sport partnership.
- The school engages with 12 local clubs, all of which are formalised links where clubs deliver in school or host theschool on their site. The school also utilises a range of sport coaches/specialists to support their school sport offer.