We understand the transfer to secondary school can be a daunting time for everyone and maybe even more so if your child has SEN. We will support you and your child by:
- Organising agency support for transition, e.g. BOSS (linked to anxiety and behaviour), Social Communication Outreach.
- Provide information about the needs of your child to their transferring school through face to face meetings, paperwork, emails, etc.
- Complete transition booklets to support your child in becoming familiar with the new routines of the school, e.g. maps, timetables, photos of key members of staff
- Organise additional visits to the school
- Invite the SENCo's from the secondary schools to come to the last review meeting of Year 6